New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if they used weight as basis for re-filling, they would probably be spending more...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    My take on the case, faulty condenser fan. Sometimes humihina ito. Happened to my 14 y.o. civic (around 2010) and 13 y.o. sentra ( around 2012). Intermitent ang lamig, mindan wala minsan meron. Tama ang pressure ng aystem until napansin ko tumataas ng husto refrigerant pressure that causes the auto stop of compressor (sa sentra), sa honda nagrelease siya ng pressure ung compressor may PRV eh.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    If manila air quality is terrible shouldn't you be on recirculate mode? Unless inside the car is really dirty. Still you don't need to remove it for cleaning, there are aerosol can foaming agents to clean your evaporator when you need it. Everytime the air conditioner runs the fins get "rinsed" by the condensate that drips down your drain

4. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    re the evaporator pull down for cleaning, air in the metro is so polluted that evaporators get clogged up with dirt and carbon that manual cleaning is necessary. ive seen used evaporators from japan and they are not that dirty compared to used evaporators here in ph.
    I think if regular nililinis yung evaporator the will not clogged up. Ako lagi ko nililinis using pressured water galing sa hose pag nag lilinis ng sasakyan.

Update ko regarding sa AC problem, hindi ko pa na pa service yung AC since malamig naman aircon basta number 2. Kapag sa naka 1 dun lang talaga sya nawawalan ng lamig. Pero minsan may time na nawawalan din ng lamig pag number 2 pag matagal sa traffic so ginagawa ko balik sa auto mode to go full blast yung AC then balik sa number 2.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by robgowild View Post
    I think if regular nililinis yung evaporator the will not clogged up. Ako lagi ko nililinis using pressured water galing sa hose pag nag lilinis ng sasakyan.

Update ko regarding sa AC problem, hindi ko pa na pa service yung AC since malamig naman aircon basta number 2. Kapag sa naka 1 dun lang talaga sya nawawalan ng lamig. Pero minsan may time na nawawalan din ng lamig pag number 2 pag matagal sa traffic so ginagawa ko balik sa auto mode to go full blast yung AC then balik sa number 2.
    i have never had my evaporator pulled down and cleaned because it was clogged.. 13 year old car.. 9 year old auv..
    i suspect "clogged" is the reason the aircon guys justify pulling it out, even if it is not. then they tinker with the system and "see another problem", which is the real, cheaper, problem in the first place.. and they charge for both jobs.

that other problem?
    maybe you are low on freon..
    maybe your system has an incompatible component..
    maybe your aircon filter is dirty (i wash mine, replacement is expensive)..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have never had my evaporator pulled down and cleaned because it was clogged.. 13 year old car.. 9 year old auv..
    i suspect "clogged" is the reason the aircon guys justify pulling it out, even if it is not. then they tinker with the system and "see another problem", which is the real, cheaper, problem in the first place.. and they charge for both jobs.

that other problem?

That's the term "fix it until it breaks"

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Good day!

I just want to ask your opinions on my AC problem before I have it serviced para may idea ako on what the shop's findings would be.

This was the scenario 2 weeks ago.
    1. The AC is cold at mornings. And stays cold till we reach our destination (10km drive).
    2. AC takes a long time to cool.the cabin after being parked the whole day at an open parking. (Nung wala pang problem it only takes 5mins to cool the cabin after opening the windows.)
    3. AC was serviced about 2 years ago. Evaporator was ok, replaced both expansion valves and drier, new freon load.

Then on my drive awhile ago, the AC doesnt blow anymore cool air, parang fan na lang. Blower speed was ok. Sight glass indicate the system is still loaded with freon with no bubbles. Compressor clutch still engages automatically. High pressure side tube is hot, but low pressure side tube is barely cold. Then I saw water dripping on the low pressure side connection just before the firewall. No unusual noise in the engine bay, no overheating issues. When I park the vehicle under the shade and restart the engine, cool air will blow from the vents.but eventually losses after 10mins.

The car is a 2006 Innova E D4-D.

Any thoughts on this? Any help will be much appreciated. TIA.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

that other problem?

Sorry Sir, i beg to differ. Car AC system is the same as other AC system.

I saw in the past that you are often in citibank building in makati, and that same building has a very rigid maintenance pagdating sa evaporator coil ng aircon, monthly iyun. Consiering na wala namang bukas na bintana yang building na yan para pasukan ng alikabok. Pwede cguro sa ground floor, but sa upper floor pano?

Same with the cars AC system.

Peace, Sir.

Example is the photo below, and my in laws never open their windows unless needed.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Dirty evaporator of my inlaws vios.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1423909580340.jpg  

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    picture shown looks like condenser to me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123