New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    baka kulang na freon mo.

its easy to say na thermostat nga agad ang problem, kasi ako nong yun ang sinisisi ko agad. matibay ang thermostat ng nissan..

anyways, pacheck mo baka kulang lang yan ng freon.. pag kulang yan, have them trace the system for leaks. kung walang leak, baka due to age lang kaya nabawas.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by marv25 View Post
    woah nice explanation there... but switching it to an analog thermostat wont be an option for us... well at least i know its normal...

When I set the temp to about 27-28C, its fine, not too cold or hot... but mabigat nga lang sa engine. I press ECON mode nga sometimes para lumakas ang hatak while overtaking, then balik sa AUTO. But yun nga lang hassle. And baka mabangga pa ako while pressing the button.

But hey thanks for the good explanation. At least I know its normal.
    *marv25, it will be better if you set the climate control temp to the MAX and adjust your temp by manual control (just be careful when the car is moving).... As i have said, HOT air is just mixed to the system and will just make your compressor WORK longer... When the system reached -5deg celsuis your A/C will automatically shut-off.. Try this at night especially when raining you will notice your A/C will shut-off but the cabin will be very very cold.. also check your AIR VENT Temp with a thermometer.. readings should be 9deg below (assuming your cooling system works fine)

my ride before can reach air vent temp as low as 0deg celsius during night with the thermostat at MAX setting..

Quote Originally Posted by den1106 View Post
    A classic way of hacking the system. Try to avoid this kind of modification as it will only add and create another problem.

The only way to go.
    what i have suggested is not hacking a "system" but rather improving what is already been there...Remember that car manufacturers usually DO NOT design their CARS based on Philippine Environment and some things are usually not applicable for us... It is better to know the system yourself and have possible options so that you can avoid A/C Techs giving you CRAP

all A/C units have "thermostats", they just differ in form and function... A/C units with climate control uses 2 common types of thermostat, 1: THERMISTOR or resistive type thermostat, LOW current control LOW VOLTAGE (just like what is installed to a Nissan Serena) when the system get cold (-5deg), the resistor will be in OPEN state and CLOSE when temp reaches 0deg and 2: FIXED Mechanical Thermostat, Low current control, (just like what is installed in Mitsubishi L300 Exceed Van) ... Other Cars without climate control uses Variable Mechanical or electronic Thermostat such as toyota vios, revo..

Thermostat even not in a Nissan vehicle usually lasts a very very loooong time... because they are in LOW Current application... usually when the system cooling efficiency drops, common causes are low charge, needs cleaning, leaks..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I dont know if kulang nga sa freon... very malamig naman yung lumalabas na air...

Before we used to leave the temp at 18degC and just adjust the fan speed... but at one point we found that the fan speed will adjust itself if we adjust the thermostat to our desired setting so we leave it at about 27C and when it's hot, the fan will be at high, and when it's cold, it will adjust accordingly... but yun nga lang hindi talaga tumitigil-trabaho yung compressor...

Climate control is not meant for the philippines talaga... sometimes while driving and it gets cold, the intake vent will open nga by itself to "let in fresh air"... but hindi dito applicable eh... biglaan na lang iiba yung smell ng air...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    i dont understand lang why nissan designed the compressor to continue working even if its cold na... It would have been okay if the compressor would shut off when the desired temperature that is set sa thermostat is reached...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Kapag converted na ba ang thermostat ng Tucson ang performance ba ng compressor hindi na cya nag shushutoff when turning off the ac switch in the thermostat? Fan is off but compressor is still continuously working.

Or is there problem with the newly installed compressor? Or wiring?

Help please. TIA

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark View Post
    Kapag converted na ba ang thermostat ng Tucson ang performance ba ng compressor hindi na cya nag shushutoff when turning off the ac switch in the thermostat? Fan is off but compressor is still continuously working.

Or is there problem with the newly installed compressor? Or wiring?

Help please. TIA
    incorrect wiring siguro.
    have it corrected, po, before the compressor and/or tubings, get destroyed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Aircon compressor doesnt shut off