New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    The same goes with your power steering problem.

Wow! You have such good memory. I had the supports replaced as you and the others have advised but I haven't had the power steering done yet (I already bought the kit). I don't know/can't decide where to bring the car for the power steering repair kasi.

alwayz_yummy I just bought a new compressor January of this year.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; July 9th, 2008 at 08:10 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    this time find an A/C tech to properly diagnose your A/C problem . i would suggest that your system has to be recovered in order to determine the right amount of refrigerant in there . it should be around 1.60 lbs.

if it's overcharged, the compressor will work harder and eventually fails . the low side gauge should read at 35- 40 psi * idle , and the high side gauge should be 175-250 psi . the condenser fan should be working .

from the gauges alone , the A/C tech will be able to pinpoint the rootcause of all your troubles.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by banawe View Post
    Sep 2006:
    General Cleaning - P850
    Flush System - P300
    Replace Filter Drier Denso Original - P1500
    Replace Cooling Coil Serpentine -P4000

18 Oct 2007:
    General Cleaning - P1,100
    Flush System - P300
    Replace Filter Drier Denso Original - P1,500
    Replace Expansion Valve Denso Original - P1,600

i was looking at your expenses ... i think your problem is your cooling coil ... serpentine usually cost 2500 - 3000 ... the problem sa serpentine matagal lumamig ... that may be the probelm ... if your paying for a good cooling coil ... dapat nag laminated ka na ... 4000 - 5000 ..... you don't have to pay 4500 for a serpentine

you can also change oil ng compressor baka kulang na yung lakas niya ...

BANAWE AUTO SUPPLY
    regy
    My serpentine cooling coil is 3 years old now. In case I need to have it replaced, do you recommend that I get laminated or serpentine?

Since the original cooling coil for my car is serpentine, if I replace it with laminated, wouldn't it cause having other parts replaced as well?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Yup. There's noise only when the AC is on. How come the mechanic said that nothing is wrong with my AC? Kanina I drove my car and there are times when it would stop blowing cold air for 3 minutes or so
    Pag nag on ka lang ng aircon umiingay patignan mo iyong bearing ng compressor cause kaya umiingay minsan dahilan din pag nababaha sasakyan mo . Iyong reply ni bambino pagsobra rin ang dami ng freon overcharged hindi rin maganda magbigay ng lamig mahina.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Go for the laminated type na cooling coil. If your car is a typical japanese, look for a JDM surplus cooling coil then have the shop convert it for you. Difference between laminated and serpentine are night and day especially during summer/hot days.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What needs to be converted?

Why do you recommend a surplus cooling coil over a new one?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    Go for the laminated type na cooling coil. If your car is a typical japanese, look for a JDM surplus cooling coil then have the shop convert it for you. Difference between laminated and serpentine are night and day especially during summer/hot days.

How much is the laminated type because yung pinalit sakin cost 5.5k serpentine type. I have a Mitsu Adventure, kung local daw ipapalit 3.5k , kaya I thought it was better.

Nagkaroon ng mga butas yung pinalitan na serpentine type in less than two years, got it from Berovic in Abad Santos near Tayuman. Bihira lang din gamitin yung sasakyan and yearly ang linis. Sana tumagal yung pinalit ng Ceejay's and hopefully di na magkaproblema.

I'm just wondering kung masyadong mataas yung price given to me for the serpentine? Ok lang din naman kung di na magkaproblema.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
AC Mainit Pa Rin! - New Evap, Exp Valve and Drier