New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hi Any ideas of the price of a surpluss radiator and how to spot a good one I had mine repaired 3x and still looses water sa seal kung saan pinagkabitan I want to get a surpluss or replace the upper tank with denso again un nga lang I opt to get a surpluss baka hindi na maganda ang fit when I go back to the plastic again

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    mura lang naman ang brand new radiator ... if you are manual around 2800 if you are matic around 3000 plastic nga lang ... pero nice oem quality ...

Banawe Auto Supply
    regy

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    baka blown head gasket na yan bro..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Pards, kumusta result after ng Head gasket replacement,. interested ako, kasi I am facing the same story and also considering the same. ty po

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pereyski View Post
    Pards, kumusta result after ng Head gasket replacement,. interested ako, kasi I am facing the same story and also considering the same. ty po
    Once the cylinder head gasket po ay blown, most likely wag nman po, bka naghalo ang langis at tubig. Please check the color of ur oil through the dipstick. And the color of water sa radiator. Kpag hindi nman nagkulay gatas ok. There are lots of causes po ng overheating ng engine.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    same tayo ng prob. same din tayo ng auto.yung sakin 1 year ago ganyan nang yari so sabi ng mechaniko ko cylinder head gasket na daw so nag palit kami naging ok siya..pero after 1yr. eto nanaman bumalik yung sakit niya kahapon pina overhaul ko diko pa sure kung ok na siya kasi dipa ako bumabyahe ng malayo..may be tomorow pupunta ako batangas,i hope ok na siya..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    same car, same problem... yung akin, nung una napansin ko na umiinit pag traffic pero di naman tumutodo dun sa temp gauge. pag long distance driving, ok naman. then one time pauwi na ko biglang uminit tapos saktong nakaliko na ako sa kanto namin namatay engine. after ilang minutes napaandar uli tapos naigarahe ko na. natuyuan yung radiator. then tinubigan ko na lang kasi wala na ko coolant. after nun, lagi na umiinit. napansin ko na may leak dun sa dulo ng from radiator hose na nakakabit sa engine. saka ko na pinatignan sa friendly neighborhood mekaniko. dun na nalaman na sira na yung gasket. yung isang part sa engine block nagawan pa ng paraan sa machine shop... kinaskas siguro yung dumi dumi. bukas sana matapos na ayusin nung mekaniko. buti tropa nya yung isa ring mekaniko sa casa ng honda, 2 sila kalikot dun sa car.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    i had the same thing. it all started when i tried to "birit" one nite at MOA. Without my a/c on, i floored my gas pedal up to 5th gear and went up to 140kms in less than 1 kilometer, I decided to release eventually and slow down. Upon reaching the u-slot, i have noticed temp needle shooting up. Sensing a not so good situation, I immediately park at Petron station to check it up. The water was boiling. So I decided to let the engine cool down before I added water. After that incident, I went on a not so long drive to Lipa City. I have noticed an increase of temperature everytime I will hit 100kph. But when I slow down to 80kph, the needle stabilizes at a normal level temp. The same thing when I went back to Manila. Water was drying so fast with my coolant container. I have checked the engine while the engine is on but there's no visible leak of droplets of water coming either the radiator or the engine. But when I tried to rev to 5000 rpm for a few seconds, the needle started to move up again. Right now Im considering overhauling my radiator. I hope it works. I was worried of damaging my gasket because of that very short "birit".

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Check also your fan , Thermostant . Try to remove the radiator cap when the engine is cold .Start the engine and see if the water is overflow outside the radiator this means that the cylinder head gasket is damage. This is a symptoms that happen on my car.
    Last edited by speed unlimited; April 21st, 2010 at 07:24 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ferdzcataga View Post
    i had the same thing. it all started when i tried to "birit" one nite at MOA. Without my a/c on, i floored my gas pedal up to 5th gear and went up to 140kms in less than 1 kilometer, I decided to release eventually and slow down. Upon reaching the u-slot, i have noticed temp needle shooting up. Sensing a not so good situation, I immediately park at Petron station to check it up. The water was boiling. So I decided to let the engine cool down before I added water. After that incident, I went on a not so long drive to Lipa City. I have noticed an increase of temperature everytime I will hit 100kph. But when I slow down to 80kph, the needle stabilizes at a normal level temp. The same thing when I went back to Manila. Water was drying so fast with my coolant container. I have checked the engine while the engine is on but there's no visible leak of droplets of water coming either the radiator or the engine. But when I tried to rev to 5000 rpm for a few seconds, the needle started to move up again. Right now Im considering overhauling my radiator. I hope it works. I was worried of damaging my gasket because of that very short "birit".
    bossing, paki update kung ano naging solution sa problem oto mo, same din kc tayo ng situation sakit na ulo ko to fix it, ty in advance...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
98 Honda Civic Overheating