New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    i have a 97 cefiro. i have never had problems with its aircon before, but like any other car, the time came when my compressor broke down. so i went to our friendly neighbourhood mekaniko and had it replaced with a surplus equivalent.

this is when my problem began. after using the car for a couple of minutes, (30 mins.) the blower/aircon seems to lose power. may lamig pa rin, pero parang mahina up to the point na umiinit na yung cabin. i notice this because at the point when i start my car and turn on the aircon, it works perfectly fine, it is only after 30 - 45 mins (not exact) that it starts to lose power. i also hear a constant hissing noise.

i tried popping the hood to see if i can figure out the problem and found out that a certain metal pipe was frozen, covered with ice! so i turned the aircon off and waited for the ice on the pipe to melt, once it melted, i turned the aircon on again. the aircon then proceeded to work normally until the pipe gets frozen again.

is this normal? is this the reason why my aircon seems to lose power? how can i fix this? i hope you guys can help me. pabalik balik na kasi ako sa talyer e. thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i had the same A32 cefiro as yours, problem might be a clog in your AC system somewhere, baka hindi na vacuum ng maayos. your condenser is probably clogged too. the constant hissing you hear is the expansion valve. it should not hiss continuously though. your filter/drier could be in need of replacement.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    baka di marunong yong talyer na pinupuntahan mo. punta na kay Danknee or kay Mang Mario

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    *blue bimmer:

salamat sa info mo bro! i'll have those checked.

*swordsman:
    kung ok lang bro, where can i get the address para madala ko sa kanila.

salamat!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As Bluebimmer mentioned, mukhang clogged nga. Have it worked on ASAP as this also stresses the compressor.

Just an additional tip, if you find the air from the center vents weak, remove the center vent and clean the filter behind it (its hard to remove so you can just have it blown with compressed air).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was about to say the same thing as swordsman, sobrang bilis naman nya na jump yung conclusion nya sa compression.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    As Bluebimmer mentioned, mukhang clogged nga. Have it worked on ASAP as this also stresses the compressor.

Just an additional tip, if you find the air from the center vents weak, remove the center vent and clean the filter behind it (its hard to remove so you can just have it blown with compressed air).
    this is an awesome tip. i have noticed this problem as well. will do what you recommend. can i remove the center vent by hand?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    I was about to say the same thing as swordsman, sobrang bilis naman nya na jump yung conclusion nya sa compression.
    naku yan na nga ba yung kinakatakutan ko.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by attic_dude

*swordsman:
    kung ok lang bro, where can i get the address para madala ko sa kanila.

salamat!
    eto sir yong link, nandyan yong addresses nila at contact number. si mang mario yata is sa may QC, behind SM City yata, while Mang Danny is located in Pasig, near Kapitolyo area.

Aircon Repair: Mario Reyes

Another Aircon Repair Shop : Danknee

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    maraming salamat swordsman!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
'97 nissan cefiro aircon woes!!