New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by calcite
    What is your mileage so far? If you have high mileage, maybe you need a total overhaul already. A modern diesel engine normally has a life of more than 200,000 km unless it is abused or not properly cared for.

Do you consume a lot of oil? I have 70,000 km on my L200 and use less than 1 liter every 5,000 km. High oil consumption, low oil pressure at idle (make sure that your idle speed is correct - about 700 rpm), overheating are all signs of poor engine condition which may need a total rebuild.

The engine was re build a year ago as per the old owner.. I don't consume much oil its just a normal

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Buhayin ko ang thread na ito ha.

I'm experiencing the same problem kasi eh. Rising temperature during traffic. Siguro tataas siya to 1/2 from a normal of 1/4. I know that the rise in temp is just normal specially for an aging vehicle, but I have observed that whenever this happens, nababawasan ang tubig sa radiator. Hindi naman dried up pero mga 1 tabo ang bawas.

All of the parts mentioned are ok. Bago ang clutch fan ko, ang thermostat, and ang water pump (nga pala ok ba ang GMB na brand for replacement?). The only thing I have not tried yet is to add the water coolant mixture. Ngayon kasi 100% water ako.

Do you think this can help much?

Hope you can help me. Thanks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Calcite,
    Sa cable lang naman inaadjust ang idle speed right? Sandali lang naman siguro ito sa mitsu casa. Hehe wala kasi ako tach eh

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung overheat sa trapik normal lang siguro at madaling maayos..

Yung problema ko pag high speed saka nag o overheat lalo na sa uphill

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Djerms: Yung Paj ko half yung temp, traffic or high speed. Ok lang half...yun talaga operating temp non. basta dapat hindi tumotope.

Nightrock: Yan din problem nung Frontier namin kaya panay research ko sa web ngayon. Engine Head was overhauled also and we tought that would solve the problem. In our case below 100kph ok, 100kph and above the temp goes past half after 20 to 30 mins at that speed.
    I'm thinking water pump after all the things i read here.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Djerms,

Same here, pag traffic my temp gauge does indicate an increase, but stops at a certain point (near 1/2). Usually nasa 1/3 lang.

Check the following:
    1. Radiator Cap
    2. The Hoses

Kasi normally, di nababawasan ang tubig kaagad. This happens in time, but immediately after a trip is something else.

Try also using coolant. Ako I've been using yung Caltex na collant. Read mo yung instructions for the proper mix. The nice thing about coolants is, aside from being superior to water, it inhibits rust too.

Frt,
    Baka nga water pump, ano na odometer reading ng ride mo?

I hate overheating engines! lolz! :p

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Don't forget that oil also plays a role in cooling the engine. I've been using snthetic oil, btw. What's funny is, the engine does not burn oil up to now.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    in my experience(3 overheat) sa spacegear namin... pinaoverhaul ko yun radiator, and the last one was may leak yun coolant reservoir...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by frt
    Djerms: Yung Paj ko half yung temp, traffic or high speed. Ok lang half...yun talaga operating temp non. basta dapat hindi tumotope.

Nightrock: Yan din problem nung Frontier namin kaya panay research ko sa web ngayon. Engine Head was overhauled also and we tought that would solve the problem. In our case below 100kph ok, 100kph and above the temp goes past half after 20 to 30 mins at that speed.
    I'm thinking water pump after all the things i read here.

Bob
    kelan mo papalitan ng water pump?? just give me the feed back kung ok ba balak ko din palitan ng water pump.. baka next month gusto ko kasi andon ako pag nag palit..hirap ipag katiwala sa iba.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by NightRock
    The engine was re build a year ago as per the old owner.. I don't consume much oil its just a normal
    hehe bakit naman old owner, matanda na ba si Hap... :D

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
4D56 Overheating