New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any suggestion to solve this problem, Im not sure if the piston was been oversize before.. Cylinder head was changed and top ovehauled also done, Probem is During High Rev * speed of 120km/hr temperature increasing, Im thinking of adding additional Fan but where to put it,

It also overheat during trapik if the AC is on but up to 50% gauge reading, I have done routine radiator cleaning.

Suggestion Please.!!!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    before nag change ng head nag overheat ba ito? re-adjust valve tappets.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm thinking of adding an additional fan too. 4d56 din po. Hope to hear suggestions where to put it and shops that can do this.

Nightrock,
    Try to remember kung nag-ooverheat siya before the overhaul. Medyo hindi yata typical na mag-overheat at high speeds. Yung sa traffic pwede pa. I experience this all the time. Well, not exactly overheating but rising temp talaga.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    NightRock

Have you changed the water pump and thermostat? Old pump may not have enough water flowing. If no thermo, water can flow too fast with insufficient time to cool in radiator.

Also check the clutch fan- may be too soft due to old silicon oil, just replace silicon oil inside clutch fan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go with what Jackaroo mentioned... check the thermostat and the water pump.

A stuck-up thermostat will usually slow down coolant flow so when the engine is revving/moving, the heat builds up.

One symptom of busted water pump is that you lose water when the engine is running.

Kung medyo luma na pareho at di pa napapalitan, maybe it's time to do so na rin as it's not that expensive for those parts.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by jackaroo
    NightRock

Have you changed the water pump and thermostat? Old pump may not have enough water flowing. If no thermo, water can flow too fast with insufficient time to cool in radiator.

Also check the clutch fan- may be too soft due to old silicon oil, just replace silicon oil inside clutch fan.

Mukhang eto palang ang hindi ko pa na Try... it was over heating even before overhauling.... I have also notice na mababaang oil pressure..

But there is no sign na sira na ang water pump. well medyo nag babawas nga ng tubig pag tumataas ang temp during up to 50% gauge reading .. is it possible that water pump can be paritally chocked?? that can cause low supply of water during running
    Last edited by NightRock; October 5th, 2004 at 10:27 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    NightRock,

radiator cleaning- was this done with LavRamon sabay coolant /water mix replenish????

Para lang may checklist and process of elimination:

1. insufficient coolant in system
    2. drivebelt defective or not adjusted properly
    3. radiator core blocked or grill dirty or restricted
    4. thermostat faulty
    5. fan not functioning properly
    6. rad cap not maintaining proper pressure
    7. ignition timing incorrect
    8. defective water pump
    9. improper grade engine oil
    10. inacurate tem gauge

NOTE: troubleshooting list covers 4g54, v6, 4d56, 4mf40

HAYNES 0-21 sec 27

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rlp1099
    I dont exactly know what is this LavRamon process as I have done ratiator overhauling medyo maramni nga dirt na nakuha , I have tried water/coolant mixture too.

Radiator cap pinalitan ko na din, Dati fully synthetic sya mas ok nga medyo hindi umiinit pag nasa trapik, Yung temp gauge Ok naman nag zero check ako while running inalis ko yung connection.. nag zero naman. thermostat nalang at water pump ang hindi ko pa na papa check.

Thanks

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nightrock,

When is the last time the Water Pump was replaced?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Dieseler
    Nightrock,

When is the last time the Water Pump was replaced?
    No Idea but for sure more than a year na.. How long normally does it takes to replace the water pump?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
4D56 Overheating