New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2017
    Here's the scenario. Was waiting at a parking lot for about 3 hours (raining), aircon on, sounds, the likes.. Went home. This morning when i started the car and turned on the ac, i can hear the compressor working and the air from the blower is kinda getting cooler (but weak) and then compressor turns off. When i observed the engine bay, i can see that the radiator fan isn't working. Could this be the cause? What fuses or wires do i check first before going to the shop? Any ideas peeps?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkamb88 View Post
    Here's the scenario. Was waiting at a parking lot for about 3 hours (raining), aircon on, sounds, the likes.. Went home. This morning when i started the car and turned on the ac, i can hear the compressor working and the air from the blower is kinda getting cooler (but weak) and then compressor turns off. When i observed the engine bay, i can see that the radiator fan isn't working. Could this be the cause? What fuses or wires do i check first before going to the shop? Any ideas peeps?

as a precaution, some compressors stop, when the freon is low.
    they also stop when the engine is overheating.

yespo. check your aircon-related fuses first. the manual should show who they are.

but my wild guess is, you are probably low on freon (read: leak).

good luck.

3. Join Date
    May 2017
    Oh ok. Thanks thanks. Will do

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Oh ok. Thanks thanks. Will do

check also the fan motor and its power source.
    if you are handy with your hands (i.e., you have electrical and mechanical experience), connect the fan directly to the battery and see it it runs. if it runs, check the relay... the solenoid... the....

dalhin nyo na sa shop!

heh heh.

5. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    check also the fan motor and its power source.
    if you are handy with your hands (i.e., you have electrical and mechanical experience), connect the fan directly to the battery and see it it runs. if it runs, check the relay... the solenoid... the....

dalhin nyo na sa shop!

heh heh.
    Hahaha

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hahaha

kasi naman, the manufacturer assumes that the average layman's knowledge is limited only to blown fuses, busted bulbs, and maybe, loose screws.
    whatever else it is, you will probably have to do some trouble-shooting to identify the defective part, buy appropriate replacement and replace it.
    that is, assuming you have the proper tools and training.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 23rd, 2017 at 07:38 PM.