New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    whoa! you're problems grew from bad to worse. i'd say it's time for some legal and media remedy. i agree w/ bro horsepower, maybe it would be in your best interest to follow the lead of the brain thrust behind PAIT. at least he got somewhere w/ his complaint
    Last edited by baludoy; April 15th, 2008 at 07:11 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    I think the smell is coming back

How I wish we had a lemon law here.
    As I've posted before we have a lemon law here...

Senate passes ‘lemon law’

By Veronica Uy
    INQUIRER.net
    First Posted 06:21pm (Mla time) 02/19/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- The Senate passed on third and final reading Monday afternoon Senate Bill 2464, also known as the Lemon Law, which seeks to protect buyers of new and secondhand vehicles.

The bill, sponsored by Senator Manuel Roxas II, seeks to protect buyers against deceptive and unfair sales and trade practices. It recognizes that a motor vehicle is a major consumer investment, defines the rights of the buyer, and imposes penalties for violations of the measure.

Under the proposed measure, a car is described as a “lemon” if, during the Lemon Law Rights period (18 months for brand new cars), it has been under repair three or more times yet the same defect continues to exist; the defect is a serious safety defect and has been subject to repair one or more times; or it is out of service due to repair for a cumulative total of 30 calendar days.

Within the Lemon Law Rights period, if the defect has not been repaired or corrected, a consumer has the right to a replacement or return with refund of full purchase price.

“This bill will ensure that car buyers get full value for their money. If a consumer happens to buy a defective car or any other product, he or she is entitled to get his or her money back, or to at least get a prompt replacement,” Roxas said.

The sponsor said the bicameral conference committee might meet tomorrow as its counterpart bill in the House authored by Bacolod City Representative Monico Puentebella has already been passed

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Rebel anu na nangyari dun sa amoy ng ac mo? I have the 2007 camry
    which i bought last year around October. Napapansin ko sa umaga
    pag bagong start ng sasakyan ko may parang amoy pawis din. Di ko naman masyadong pinapansin kasi sandali lang ung amoy nung saakin until I read this old topic of yours.

Naayos mo na ba ung smell dun sa AC mo?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If your camry is still within the 1 year warranty period, I suggest you bring it immediately to your Toyota Dealer for aircon cleaning because if you don't it's going to get WORSE.

I didn't take mine seriously then so when I brought it to my dealer, they wouldn't charge it to warranty. It took me a lot of complaining until they agreed to a 50% discount.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    How bad is it gonna be? 20,000 na tinakbo nitong saakin e isasabay ko nalang sa maintenance ng camry ko isasabay ung air con cleaning. Pasok talaga sa warranty un?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I am currently having this problem with our 2008 Toyota Innova just 6 months old.

Wonder what happened to Sir Rebel's Camry so I can make the necessary actions...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I have just followed through this thread. For the record (and for the information of those painstakingly researching a solution to that perennial problem that Toyota insensitively refuses to address), we have been enduring that unsanitary smell ever since we owned our brand new Vios in Dec 2007.

1. We don't use air fresheners as we know these to be detrimental to the normal function of car airconditioners.
    2. We don't expose our car to extreme weather conditions as our car has always been parked nice, shaded, and safe in a shaded garage at home and at work; no, it wasn't exposed to any flooding.
    3. We are frustrated to have left the unit several times for servicing with Toyota for several days at a time with the Toyota SA pretty convincingly acting out "surprised" at why our car is like this but to no avail.
    4. We are disgusted at the recourse of needing to buy this or that just to address a problem that isn't supposed to be there or isn't our fault.
    5. We are disgusted at the SA's requirement to inconvenience us with the procedure setting the a/c to fan just to dry the system a couple of minutes prior each time we bring the car to a park.
    6. And so we have just ENDURED THIS STINKY AIRCON all these months as we realize that we are consumers helpless to the selfishness of Toyota.

Therefore, we conclude that the km check ups we oh so conscientiously try to keep up, with exorbitant costs and with schedule-bending appointments, are just a ploy for car dealers to make more money. The defective aircon and a host of other perennial Toyota problems are testament that they'll just further inconvenience you with car-less days and even extra charges at your attempts to invoke warranty. The 3-YEAR or 100,000 KM WARRANTY IS A BANE TO CONSUMERS as car dealers almost deliberately deliver defective units so you be sorry that you didn't subscribe to their profitable after-sales services!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
2007 Camry AC STINKS!!!