New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    the temperature rises up to near to 1/2 of the temp gauge there is extreme steam pressure in the upper radiator hose, and when i touch it it's very hot and smell is coming out of it, and after some time the radiator cap neck explode i went to service center and they replaced the below list :
    1. Gasket valve cover
    2. Gasket Cylinder head
    3. Gasket intake manfol
    4. Gasket exhaust manfol
    5. Hose heater inlet
    6. Hose Radiator inlet upper
    7. Hose map sensor VAC
    8. V belt T250 11%
    9. Valve inlet
    10. Spark plug
    11. Spray carb SF
    12. Seal Camshaft FRT
    13. Seal water pump
    14. Seal Eng Cool thermostat
    15. Seal valve steam oil
    16. RTV sealant
    17. Coolant DEX-Cool Red
    18. Valve exhaust

after they told me car is fixed i drive for 20 min and the temprature was below the middel after i park my car with few minutes the hose and the clamp explode again and all water comes out of the radiator again....... i know there is pressure proplem still with the cooling system but i don't know what else i need to replace after all of the long list above.
    any body had same problem and fixed??

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sounds like a typical "casa" fix method from the long list of replaced parts. It's like giving a doctor recommending a patient with a stomach ache to have all his major internal organs replaced.

Was the radiator cap ever replaced before and after the problem happened? It's not on the list of items replaced.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    part of radiator cap neck only broken but they connect the hose to the cap neck and it work fine
    the problem is the high pressure on the hose !!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    magkano head gasket?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    parang hindi yata na crack checked/ resurfaced yung head .

2006 Chevrolet Optra Chevrolet optra 2006 1.6 radiator cap explode from high pressure