New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    thank you dvldoc for your informative response, ok when i get back to the country i will do your advise, lastly what do you recommend regarding window glass tint, does this window glass tinting needs permission to lto.what do you comment regarding magic tint. Also, it is normal that my elgrand has very bright head light, some times I used only the park light. best regards and keep on teaching.:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I don't think LTO even pays attention to window tint, With all the people running around with limo tint on the front windshield of the car. I went with a light mirror tint for maximum heat reflection and UV light blockage. Not to familiar with magic tint.

The headlight to me are not to bright, the problem is that people are not use to seeing the vehicles headlight set up. That top light is your headlight the one below it is the fog light. Top light has H7 the fogs have H3 bulbs. When they are both on they look like you have brights on because you have a upper and lower light bulb on and people flash you like crazy on the highway. I was getting highly annoyed with that on the way back from Baguio. So I flashed them back with the actual brights.

You can also check your headlight assembly and make sure it is aimed properly and that nobody has stuck in some high watt H7 bult (it will melt the wire harness) And for god sakes don't put in any of those chessy blue tinted bulbs, You can't see jack on black top roads or in rain. Mine came with those and I had to replace them I could not see at night worth a darn. Have my HID's still sitting in the box for when I return.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    For those of you installing electronics like amps, radio, gauges, or any other 12v powered source this will help you a bit.

You will notice you have a little tray to the left of your steering wheel, If you remove it you will notice it has the fuses marked (IN JAPANESE) but if your looking for the fuses there you will not find them.

Since the vehicle is converted they are actually in one of two places, I have seen them in both. Mine I have to access behind my glove box just takes removing a few screws. Other conversions it is just under the glove box no work required to get to them.

This is what the stock fuse diagram looks like.

This is the translation from Ray.

Saves a lot of looking around for electrical gremlins as well. The ones under your hood should be in English on the majority of the Elgrands but some are not.

But if not here they are if they are not or your missing the covers.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    For those wanting to install a boost gauge or manual boost controller look at the below picture this is the hose you will cut and place your T fitting in to run your boost line to your boost gauge or mount your boost controller.

You can either get a Gauge pod, Or drill a 2 1/8 hole with a hole saw in your dash for a clean flush mount. This is were I have one of my gauges.

They use this spot in Japan a lot as well.

Use the previous post about the fuse box to locate it. It will be either behind your glovebox or under it.

Note the photo, Either one of these areas tapped will work as a 12v switch/ignition on source to power your gauge lights.

For those wanting to do a oil catch can which is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! You can either keep the factory hose and run it to the inlet side of your catch can (Hose inner diameter is 1/2" so a 1/2" barb fitting is what you would use and is the most common size for most catch cans. Then just use a second piece of hose to run back to the factory location on the intake pipe.

Also not the area on the intake pipe, this area is very prone to splitting and you will get a big loss of power when it happens and high fuel consumption. Fix it!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    For those who want to do a high flow intake on there Elgrand or any other Nissan for that matter and can't find that MAF adapter locally which is actually pretty hard in most areas you can have one made very easily without having to remove your sensor to get the measurements.

Here is the Do it Yourself MAF adapter just add a 3" OD by 3" long pipe to this and your good to go. Heck you can probably make these and sell them and make a handy little profit.

Last edited by dvldoc; February 13th, 2011 at 02:34 AM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    dlvdoc,
    I'm here again. Remember I ask you regarding the 3m tint to put on my elgrand red, but apparently my son send me the message, that the window film to be applied by the auto detailer in our place in Bataan is a solar guard.they have two varriants of magic tint with selection of light and dark. Which do you recommend to be compatible with color red body.

Also one more thing, I've red some previous thread in this forum. regarding 1pint of 2T oil to be added to 76liters of diesel fuel. May question is this. Does the cetane number of the fuel does not getting lower to the specified requirements, what is the required cetane number for QD32eti? Because, I know the lower cetane number has the longer ignition delay, which resulting to fuel economy. Do this 2t oil has no side effect like accumulation of oil sludge formation in exhaust valve and muffler? thanks and regards.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by red elgrand View Post
    dlvdoc,
    I'm here again. Remember I ask you regarding the 3m tint to put on my elgrand red, but apparently my son send me the message, that the window film to be applied by the auto detailer in our place in Bataan is a solar guard.they have two varriants of magic tint with selection of light and dark. Which do you recommend to be compatible with color red body.

Also one more thing, I've red some previous thread in this forum. regarding 1pint of 2T oil to be added to 76liters of diesel fuel. May question is this. Does the cetane number of the fuel does not getting lower to the specified requirements, what is the required cetane number for QD32eti? Because, I know the lower cetane number has the longer ignition delay, which resulting to fuel economy. Do this 2t oil has no side effect like accumulation of oil sludge formation in exhaust valve and muffler? thanks and regards.
    The mix should be 200:1 8oz per tank is what you want. One of these

Pour it and forget it.

2T has no effect on the cetane rating especially at a 200:1 mix. The effect is simply lubrication of the injector pump and nozzles. No studies have shown any issue with built up of addition carbon. It also mixes easily with diesel and does not settle out.

As far as the tint goes dark looks better on red but your back windows should all be factory tinted at least most of the Elgrands I have seen are. You don't want it to dark on the front windows for backing up at night ect and changing lanes.

Let everyone know the difference ins the 2T and how your engine runs and sounds. You will be pleasantly surprised.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hi Dvldoc,

The shape of the MAF adapter for my neo di (ZD30) engine is semi triangular or trapezoidal with a 3" diameter pipe.

Kindly post a picture showing where exactly do i install the oil catch can for the ZD30 ddti engine.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericgt View Post
    Hi Dvldoc,

The shape of the MAF adapter for my neo di (ZD30) engine is semi triangular or trapezoidal with a 3" diameter pipe.

Kindly post a picture showing where exactly do i install the oil catch can for the ZD30 ddti engine.
    Your MAF adapter will still have the same bolt pattern, Mine also has a 3" pipe they all should.

Doing a oil catch It's a pretty strait forward operation. The hose that runs from the breather on the rear of the valve cover to the air intake hose is what your slicing into. That applies to both the QD32ETI and the ZD30.

Here is one installed on a Patrol same engine as the Elgrand.

Before

After

Engine side view

Keep this piece.

Last edited by dvldoc; February 14th, 2011 at 12:37 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    ok thanks a lot dlvdoc you're an angel, don't get tired teaching and supporting elgrandeer's.

Nissan ELGRAND who has one?