New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    hello...this thread is for the boys who would like to have their car restored. we will be more appreciated to have some ideas or any suggestion. I have nissan sgx 1990 model.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dogtag_chaze View Post
    hello...this thread is for the boys who would like to have their car restored. we will be more appreciated to have some ideas or any suggestion. I have nissan sgx 1990 model.
    yes, it can be restored. but i will recommend this only if you intend to use the car. it's an old car, and i doubt if you can get your money back if you decide sell it. the market for these cars isn't so great. remember, this model had a not-so-good reputation back when it could be bought, new.
    (but hey! restored ford edsels are selling like faberge eggs..)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Nissan Sentra SGX is not a good car to restore. You'll spend twice it's worth in trying to restore it and it will not be worth anything more than when you started. And not many people will appreciate a restored SGX.

You would be better of trying to restore a Sentra series 2 (B13 chassis). It's well loved and parts are still kinda plentiful. Restored well, it will still give you many years of service and potential small bump in resale value for the right buyer.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ok tnx for the suggestion. I will actually use this car since this is my second car for my self. we use to have toyota gli but then it is in my fathers name...maybe just a simple restoration will do. maybe you can help me for that. the car needs to re paint. for the engine needs little power..(is it ok to modify it? if yes how) needs a good mags and tint for the windows.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ok sir. thanks. maybe the best thing to do is to get or swap it. but then i just going to use it first since this is my second car. I used to have a 1977 mitsibishi celeste way back 1990.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok tnx for the suggestion. I will actually use this car since this is my second car for my self. we use to have toyota gli but then it is in my fathers name...maybe just a simple restoration will do. maybe you can help me for that. the car needs to re paint. for the engine needs little power..(is it ok to modify it? if yes how) needs a good mags and tint for the windows.
    A re-spray will cost you at least P12,000. Tint would be around P3K to P5K. New alloy wheels would cost you P10,000 and tires would be another P12,000.

That would already cost you P39,000. You'll probably also want to re-do the seats as well which will cost you more....

So how much is the current value of the car?....

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    so maybe I should go for a 2nd hand mags and maybe not alloy bec that cost too much. now the tint should cost at least 3,800 the seats would be just fine a great color of seat cover will do.... maybe i'll just get another car...ha ha ha. where can i find 12k of re-spray.

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The Nissan Sentra SGX is not a good car to restore. You'll spend twice it's worth in trying to restore it and it will not be worth anything more than when you started. And not many people will appreciate a restored SGX.

You would be better of trying to restore a Sentra series 2 (B13 chassis). It's well loved and parts are still kinda plentiful. Restored well, it will still give you many years of service and potential small bump in resale value for the right buyer.
    Argh! May I ask why you say it "is not a good car to restore."? Is it parts availability? performance issue? cost to repair? re-sale value?

Ours is 1987 sgx, older pa. We bought it last year for short-distance trips, less than 10kms each day travel to and from office. Good thing, there is not much repair needed. We changed the battery and tires na and some minor details like window raiser, sunvisor, etc. It needs body paint though and seat covers need to be changed. It is an old car but can still function well. It has been used to and from Los Banos once and another to and from Sta. Rosa.

I could understand that given the cost of repairs and acquisition cost, the re-sale value will not be enough to cover expenses. But if we intend to keep and not re-sell, will it be wise to still restore? Up to level of decent use. Or better cut costs and sell now?

I still see a lot of old school cars plying the streets of MM, like lancer box type, and even sentra box type. If budget is limited and can only afford previously owned cars, how do we qualify if one is worth restoring?

Would appreciate your help in shedding light so we can assess if we will sell at this point. Thanks in advance for your inputs.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    yes pls, i also have nissan boxtype pero diesel ok naman siya nabili ko sya for 55k matipid sa consumption mula antipolo to paranaque naka aircon pa ako 250 lang balikan pa yun

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    kung habol mo pormahan to give you an idea lang hehehehe

or if you want a wicked fast b12

SR20 powered b12, may modification yan im sure sa mga engine mounting..

versus sa value ng stock b12, magastos papormahin, di madale ibenta pero if for keeps lang, its worth to modify specially kokonti makita mo sa daan nakaporma nito or i-pang race..the benefits, sympre smile na abot tenga

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast